The Basic C2C-CC Membership is open to all persons of parties that are interested in receiving information about inter-vehicle and vehicle-to-roadside communication and all related topics and activities. However the Basic C2C-CC Membership has to be confirmed by the CAR 2 CAR Communication Consortium. Basic members receive exclusively information from the CAR 2 CAR Communication Consortium, but they do not have an active role in the CAR 2 CAR Communication Consortium and are neither involved in any Working Group nor involved in any of the Committees.
Nevertheless the Basic Members are required to respect the spirit of the CAR 2 CAR Communication Consortium. Furthermore Basic Members of the CAR 2 CAR Communication Consortium are subject to pay an annual fee for financing the service, for each person who is a member.
In return the CAR 2 CAR Communication Consortium provides the following services/benefits:
- receive two electronic Car-2-Car Newsletters per year.
- participate in the annual two-days CAR 2 CAR Forum.
- get latest news and information from the consortium.
- subscribe to privileged information about inter-vehicle and roadside-to-vehicle communication as well as related topics and development.
- get access to the members area on the Car-2-Car Website and download information that has been published by the Car-2-Car Active Members.